For our third episode, we talked to Jeremy Rubin about his recent CHECKTEMPLATEVERIFY proposal. During our discussion, we touch on the history of covenant proposals, vaults, payment pools, CTV’s synergies with Taproot and more.
- What is CHECKTEMPLATEVERIFY (CTV)? (4:30)
- What is a covenant? (5:25)
- CoinCovenants using SCIP signatures, an amusingly bad idea (2013) (7:15)
- Bitcoin Covenants AKA MES16 paper (2016) (8:15)
- Talk at Stanford Blockchain Conference (2017) (9:20)
- Why covenants? (11:43)
- Vaults (12:10)
- Annuity type vaults (13:40)
- Payment pools (18:00)
- Synergies with Taproot (22:11)
- SIGHASH_NOINPUT/ SIGHASH_ANYPREVOUT (24:31)
- CTV and lightning channels (26:30)
- Congestion control (32:04)
- CreateNewBlock() (33:09)
Thank you to Matthew Zipkin for sound engineering.