This is our first Chaincode Decoded Podcast. In this new podcast format, we’ll dive into the details of a concept we’ve talked about on previous shows. No guests, no news, just Jonas and John talking about Bitcoin. A podcast by Bitcoin nerds for Bitcoin nerds.
In the first episode, we talk about the UTXO set. We’d love to know what you think!
- Ultraprune - episode 1 (1:20)
- AssumeUTXO - episode 4 (1:28)
- The cache layer (8:02)
- dbcache parameter (9:48)
- John talks about latency comparisons on a human scale. (Note: He incorrectly says that 1 second for RAM access equates to “months or years” for disk access. Actually 4 minutes for RAM access equates to 1-9 months for disk access.)
- Different ideas on how to keep track of the UTXO set (11:29)
- utreexo (13:48)
- What’s the future of the size of the UTXO set? (13:54)
- UTXO consolidation (15:02)
- UTXO selection (16:48)
- Murch’s thesis on coin selection Branch and bound.