This revisits a segment we call Chaincode Decoded. In this episode, we’ll learn how to say Bech32 and also what it and Bech32m are. Enjoy!
Correction: The characters removed from the set are
1 B I O (2:20)
- Why do we need Bech32? (0:57)
- What is the distinction between Bech32 and native SegWit? (3:20)
- Why does Taproot need a new address format? (4:13)
- Bech32 length extension mutation weakness (11:20)
- Bech32m (12:25)
- Pieter Wuille: New Address Type for SegWit Addresses (presentation)
- Sipa demo
- Bech32 adoption
- (Some of) the math behind Bech32 addresses
Thanks to Caralie for the sound engineering.