P2P experts Pieter and Amiti chat about the P2P network.
Pieter and Amiti discuss:
- AddrRelay high-level goals and constraints (1:15)
- Very different than the goals of blocks and transactions
- Marginal fee rate (4:35)
- Should we consider different transport layers? (5:40)
- The introduction of Addrman in 2012, PR #787 (8:55)
- What existed before AddrMan and the evolution of DoS resistance.
- Eclipse Attack paper (14:55)
Connection exhaustion issue (19:50)
- AddrRelay (23:15)
- Address Spam (29:20)
- Estimating the Node Degree of Public Peers and Detecting Sybil Peers Based on Address Messages in the Bitcoin P2P Network by Matthias Grundmann (31:35)
- Coinscope paper (31:45)
- TxProbe (32:00)
Separate network stack (37:20)
Fingerprint attacks (37:15)
- ASMAP (39:00)
Thanks to Caralie for the sound engineering.